Railways carries out transport of animals such as elephants, horses, mules, sheep, goats, dogs and other animals and birds. In truth, when it pertains to transport of family pet dogs, train is constantly thought about the favored mode of transportation.
What’s the standard for dogs?
Passengers have the alternative of bring dogs in addition to them in very first air conditioner accommodation or it can be booked as travel luggage in luggage-cum-brake van under the guidance of the train supervisor or guard of the train.
Norms for taking dogs with travelers:
1) The guest worried should reserve accommodation in AC-very first class or first class in 2-berth coupe or 4-berth cabin specifically so that the guest(s) can take a trip along with the family pet dog. Passengers not in ownership of AC-very first class/ first class Cabin/ Coupe tickets are not allowed to bring their family pet dogs in addition to them throughout journey. Pet dogs are not permitted to be brought in any other class of accommodation besides AC-very first class and first class.
2) Only one dog will be permitted per Passenger Name Record (PNR).
3) The dog should be given the travel luggage workplace for reserving atleast 3 hours in advance of the departure of the train, whether the guest hold PRS ticket or online ticket booked through IRCTC.
3) Prescribed charges in travel luggage rates as appropriate will be gathered for the family pet dogs to be brought in addition to the guest in air conditioner very first class/ very first class coupe.
4) Dogs are not permitted to be brought in air conditioner 2 tier, AIR CONDITIONING 3 tier, AIR CONDITIONING Chair Car, Sleeper Class and Second Class Compartments.
5) If fellow travelers consequently challenge the dog staying in the compartment, it will be eliminated to the guard’s van, no refund is provided.
6) If a guest is captured bring dogs without correct reservation, charge will be imposed. Owner of the dog will be charged at 6 times Scale-L travel luggage rates based on a minimum of Rs.30 by Indian Railways.
7) Doctor’s certificate plainly discussing the breed, colour and gender of the family pet dog is necessary for reserving.
8) Passengers will be entirely accountable for the safe carriage of dogs. Owners need to make their own plans for water and food for the dog throughout the journey.
Puppies in basket:
Puppies can be brought in basket in all the classes of accommodation. Passenger bring the puppies in basket ought to hold a validated ticket and legitimate evidence of identity. Prescribed travel luggage charges as appropriate will be imposed for reservation. Doctor’s certificate plainly discussing the breed, colour and gender of the puppies is necessary. The guest will be entirely accountable for safe carriage of puppies in basket.
In Brake Van
The travelers can reserve their family pet dogs for carriage in the dog-box available in luggage-cum-brake van, under the guidance of the train supervisor (guard) of the train. Only one dog will be allowed a dog-box at a time.
The guest should hold a validated reserved ticket (for journey in the train in which his family pet dog is booked) and evidence of identity.
The dog should be required to the travel luggage workplace, atleast 3 hrs in advance of the departure of the train.
Prescribed charges in travel luggage rate will be gathered for dog reservation. The invoice (guard’s foil) so obtained need to be sent to the guard of the train at the stemming station.
At the location station the guest foil of the invoice should be produced to the guard.
It is the obligation of the guest to offer drinking water and food (biscuits and so on) for the dog taking a trip in brake van.
Doctor’s certificate plainly discussing the breed, colour and gender of the family pet dog is necessary for reserving.
Liability of Railways:
Railways will not be accountable for the loss, damage, damage, degeneration or non-delivery of animals after the termination of transit.