Workers at an Irthlingborough animal rehoming centre say they’re devastated after certainly one of their rescue canines was stolen from their charity HQ.
Harley, a neutered black Jack Russell-Pug cross, was discovered lacking from Nanna (Northamptonshire Animals Needing Nurturing and Adoption) at about the identical time a canine named Sassy was dumped there.
The founding father of Nanna has appealed for assist to trace down the lacking animal and for her protected return.
Petrina Alderman mentioned: “All people on the charity is devastated. We’re anxious sick for her. Sadly, with out witnesses, we can’t show the one who dumped Sassy is aware of the place Harley is.
“We’ve got been working with the police, since Friday, making an attempt to get Harley again.
“I encourage everybody who has any info on the whereabouts of Harley to contact the police on 101, quoting the crime quantity 22000616096. That is so essential to offer proof to the police of the whereabouts of our canine.
”All people’s pet is their ardour. Simply since you give it up doesn’t imply you don’t love them.”
A spokesman for Northants Police mentioned: “This occurred someday between 10pm on Thursday, October 20, and 11.30am on Friday, October 21, when the unknown offender/s got here onto the positioning and stole a canine (cross between a Jack Russell and a Pug).
“Anybody with info ought to contact us utilizing reference quantity 22000616096.”
Recommendation from The Canines Belief:
In case your canine is stolen then you possibly can really feel helpless and don’t know the place to start out in search of them. However listed below are some sensible issues you are able to do to provide the greatest likelihood of being reunited along with your pooch.
– Report the theft to the police right away. Be sure to get against the law reference quantity and demand that your canine is recorded as stolen and never lacking.
– Report the theft of your canine to your native authority canine warden.
– Notify your microchip database supplier.
– Ask native rescue centres, animal charities and vet practices to maintain a watch out to your canine.
– Monitor locations thieves could attempt to promote your canine, like pet web sites, pet retailers and spot boards. Notify the police instantly when you come throughout something.