A dog owner is cautioning others to be cautious after her family animal swallowed the centre of a corn on the cob.
Lisa Pateman said Hollie discovered the cob on the flooring at Brookside Leisure Ground in Burbage, Leicestershire, on Saturday.
The cob is now lodged in the intestinal tracts of the eight-year-old cocker spaniel.
Mrs Pateman, a mom of 2, said she was appealing online to cover the cost of the treatment due to the fact that she did not have family pet insurance coverage.
She said her dog had actually consumed the cob throughout an afternoon walk.
“I saw she began to consume something – I believed it resembled a sandwich or something that somebody had actually chucked on the flooring,” she said.
“I screamed to her and strolled over to take it out of her mouth.
“As I did that she simply began choking on it, then I understood what it was.”
Later on that day, the family took Hollie to see a veterinarian.
Mrs Pateman was informed she required an X-ray and an operation to get rid of the cob.
She has actually established an online fundraising page to help raise money towards the expenses.
The 31-year-old has actually likewise asked individuals to think about family pets when disposing of cobs.
“Please do not toss them on the flooring if you take place to be consuming one in the park,” she said.
It said: “A cob can trigger a blockage which can have destructive results on the gastrointestinal system, such as digestive tract rupture.”