Saturday, March 2, 2024
Saturday, March 2, 2024
HomeNewsOther NewsLuton Town vs Manchester City LIVE: Premier League staff information, line-ups and...

Luton Town vs Manchester City LIVE: Premier League staff information, line-ups and extra in the present day

Date:

Related stories

-Advertisement-spot_img
-- Advertisment --
- Advertisement -

Luton a harmful opponent – Guardiola

Kenilworth Road is the venue for this afternoon’s Premier League outing between Luton Town and Manchester City. After 4 league video games with out a win Pep Guardiola’s facet are in want of reigniting their season and a visit to Luton might be the right place for it.

The champions have been held to a few successive attracts earlier than being defeated by a powerful Aston Villa in the course of the week and the now path present leaders Liverpool by seven factors. A slip up in the present day might be disastrous to their hopes of regaining the title.

However, Rob Edwards’ staff have been performing strongly at home just lately. Their final match noticed them power Arsenal right into a stoppage-time winner from Declan Rice to recover from the road. Though they didn’t earn the factors that efficiency deserved, Edwards will likely be hoping for the same show in opposition to City in the present day.

Follow together with the latest updates beneath plus get all the chances and ideas proper right here:

1702212906

Luton vs Manchester City

The final assembly between the edges got here within the third tier in April 1999, with objectives from Paul Dickov and Tony Vaughan giving Manchester City a 2-0 win at Maine Road.

How will in the present day’s match play out at Kenilworth Road?

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:55

1702212606

‘City are the best’ says Edwards

Luton Town boss Rob Edwards believes that Manchester City are the perfect staff within the Premier League and he’s excited to for his staff play in opposition to them in the present day.

“It’s an exciting game for us, in my opinion City are the best and Guardiola is the best.” stated the Hatters’ boss. “A few years ago, when I was a coach at Wolves, I was reading Guardiola’s books, studying his Bayern Munich team and it will be quite an experience going up against him.

“It would be nice to get a bit of time after the game to pick his brains, whether there will be enough time afterwards I’m not sure, but he’s someone you can learn a lot from.”

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:50

1702212306

Rob Edwards on Manchester City

“Man City are amazing. I’ve got such admiration for Guardiola as a manager, wherever he’s been he has been a winner and they have built this football club over the years, it’s incredible to see the culture they have built with the players they have.

“To continuously evolve them and keep winning, including the treble last season, everyone will now be trying to knock them off their pedestal, so it’s a big challenge for them.

“They’ve been in tight games where they could have won all of them, we know how tight games are and that’s just the nature of the Premier League.”

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:45

1702212006

Pep Guardiola wants drastic measures to resolve Manchester City’s case of ‘Rodri-dependencia’

Pep Guardiola has made a number of contributions to the footballing lexicon however among the many extra well-known is one he has come to remorse. “The Harry Kane team,” his notorious description of Tottenham, was meant as a praise however, as Guardiola himself would concede, was incorrect lengthy earlier than a Spurs facet shorn of Kane scored three objectives on the Etihad Stadium on Sunday.

It does, nevertheless, elevate the likelihood the identical tactic can be utilized to model his facet. Erling Haaland could have scored 52 objectives final season however there are days when Manchester City are “the Rodri team”. And if treble winners may be known as a one-man staff, they’re a really completely different facet with out that one man. A 1-0 defeat to Aston Villa marked the fourth match Rodri has sat out on account of suspension this season. City have misplaced all 4.

They can really feel farther from curing their Rodri-dependencia. They mustered a mere two pictures at Villa Park, the fewest ever tried by a Guardiola facet in a league match. And if a defensive midfielder may not appear integral to the attack, City have a lone purpose in these 4 outings with out Rodri. It is an indication of his ubiquity.

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:40

1702211727

Rodri’s return set to sideline Kalvin Phillips once more

Man City could have midfielder Rodri again at Kenilworth Road after he accomplished his latest ban. The Spaniard has now missed 4 video games via suspension this season and Pep Guardiola’s facet have misplaced all of them.

The supervisor determined to not play Kalvin Phillips when deciding on his facet in opposition to Aston Villa, fuelling additional hypothesis the England midfielder might go away the membership in January.

Guardiola stated: “I don’t know what will happen. I feel so sorry for my decisions for him. He doesn’t deserve for one second not to have minutes but it’s just that I visualise things and struggle a little to see him.”

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:35

1702211427

Guardiola on City’s recent type

Manchester City are going via a uncommon spell of detached type with three wins and a loss from their final 4 league video games. Pep Guardiola addressed his staff’s type forward of their journey to Luton saying:

“It’s not about complacency. Complacency is arriving late to training, not training good, not doing a good job, it not mattering what happens.

“I’m talking just about bad results. Bad results help you to understand. When you lose games, it is necessary. It’s necessary to live that.

“After, [you] make a step forward. It’s the only way.”

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:30

1702211106

Timing is every little thing

When Luton secured their promotion to the Premier League by way of final season’s Sky Bet Championship play-off ultimate, their followers have been in a position to dream of the times when English soccer’s aristocrats would head for Kenilworth Road.

hey might be forgiven for watching via their fingers when Manchester City make the journey on Sunday.

City, for the primary time in seven years, haven’t received in 4 league video games, however the Hatters have managed solely two top-flight victories all season. Few will give the hosts a lot likelihood of bettering on that statistic this weekend.

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:25

1702210806

Pep Guardiola says Manchester City wanted actuality examine after fourth sport with out a win

Guardiola says he and his treble-winning gamers have loved being stroked “like a cat” for too lengthy after their recent successes and it was time they got a shake.

City weren’t solely crushed however outplayed at Aston Villa on Wednesday – a end result which prolonged their winless run within the Premier League to 4 video games and noticed them slip to fourth within the desk.

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:20

1702210506

Luton vs Manchester City prediction

After a lean spell of three attracts and one defeat Manchester City ought to return to type with a sizeable away win at Kenilworth Road despite the Hatters performing admirably at home of late.

Luton 1-5 Manchester City

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:15

1702210206

Luton vs Manchester City predicted line-ups

Luton XI: Kaminski; Bell, Osho, Mengi; Ogbene, Barkley, Mpanzu, Doughty; Townsend, Adebayo, Morris.

Manchester City XI: Ederson; Walker, Dias, Ake; Stones, Rodri; Foden, Silva, Alvarez, Grealish; Haaland.

Mike Jones10 December 2023 12:10

- Advertisement -
Pet News 2Day
Pet News 2Dayhttps://petnews2day.com
About the editor Hey there! I'm proud to be the editor of Pet News 2Day. With a lifetime of experience and a genuine love for animals, I bring a wealth of knowledge and passion to my role. Experience and Expertise Animals have always been a central part of my life. I'm not only the owner of a top-notch dog grooming business in, but I also have a diverse and happy family of my own. We have five adorable dogs, six charming cats, a wise old tortoise, four adorable guinea pigs, two bouncy rabbits, and even a lively flock of chickens. Needless to say, my home is a haven for animal love! Credibility What sets me apart as a credible editor is my hands-on experience and dedication. Through running my grooming business, I've developed a deep understanding of various dog breeds and their needs. I take pride in delivering exceptional grooming services and ensuring each furry client feels comfortable and cared for. Commitment to Animal Welfare But my passion extends beyond my business. Fostering dogs until they find their forever homes is something I'm truly committed to. It's an incredibly rewarding experience, knowing that I'm making a difference in their lives. Additionally, I've volunteered at animal rescue centers across the globe, helping animals in need and gaining a global perspective on animal welfare. Trusted Source I believe that my diverse experiences, from running a successful grooming business to fostering and volunteering, make me a credible editor in the field of pet journalism. I strive to provide accurate and informative content, sharing insights into pet ownership, behavior, and care. My genuine love for animals drives me to be a trusted source for pet-related information, and I'm honored to share my knowledge and passion with readers like you.
-Advertisement-